Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NaNoWriMo is around the corner!

Okay, so I'm super excited about NaNoWriMo coming up in just about three days. I am itching to start my story but I'm resisting because no one wants to cheat. I'm just hoping that my creativity doesn't flounder before it begins.

Even though I've done this before, it's going to be really different. Last time I did it in July - there were shorter work days, more light outside and I didn't have a roommate. Now in November not only is there Thanksgiving but also Laura's birthday, the premiere of Twilight, and that necessity to create super awesome holiday gifts for everyone. Also I have a roommate who, I think, might take umbrage to me acting like a complete idiot/ lunatic just because I'm stuck and decided to eat rice cakes for a month straight.

But we'll worry about that later, shall we? My novel description, in case anyone is interested . . .

Let's Get Intuit
Delilah Connors is an Intuit - she just doesn't know it yet. She's a little bit witch (without the magic) and a little bit psychic (without the accuracy or understanding). What she can do is literally smell danger. It's not that hard really - trying to figure out what's danger and what's the Triple Chile Verde Burrito from Papa Taco is.
With a gypsy guide who's more in need of a nap than a neophyte, a headstrong vigilante crime fighter who doesn't understand that his mouth is writing checks that his muscles can't cash, and a dream man in the form of a doctor who'll think her homeopathic destiny is nothing more than deranged drivel, Delilah has a lot on her plate. Amidst all the upheaval in her life, it's no wonder Delilah ends up in the middle of a criminal caper and in need of saving. Is she confident enough to save herself, her friends, and her sanity all at once?

1 comment:

TinyFrenchStudio said...

Ack! I can't wait! I want it to be NaNoWriMo *now*!!!! :D

By the way, Val: that is an adorable picture of you! :) I hope things are going as happily as you look in the photo!