Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Finished 10K!!

Nope, I'm not talking about a crazy long race that I couldn't finish if my life depended on it. I'm talking about crossing the awesome word hurdle of this month's amazingly long race to the finish line - NaNoWriMo. I have finally crossed the 10,000 word mark at about 5:30 this afternoon. Now granted I was supposed to have crossed the line on Thursday but better late than never. And yes, I'm still 5 thousand words off pace with the race pacers but I can over come. I have been known to burst speed at the end when situations called for it and I we all know I can come through in the pinch.

What's holding me up? Well there was the scary house yesterday and the apathy before that. Then I'm writing a story I guess I'd classify as Fantasy and I've never done that before. I've been interested in it before but making a coherent story out of it, never happened (well, unless you count my College Capstone but I don't - it wasn't so much fantasy as absurdism). So I have that holding me down.

I'm supposed to be writing Chapter 5 right now but I'm not sure where to start it. I'm thinking with a family dinner but I don't know if that's too much of a tangent from the main plot line. Though, I mean, who doesn't want to write dialogue between three precocious children named after foreign countries, a gypsy woman and her witchy apprentice, and an architect. Awesome stuff, right.

Next time I'm stuck I vow to: write about a treasure map and it's hidden secret of villainy. Yeah, that's the spirit!

No comments: