Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Prize

I decided today that if I win NaNoWriMo I am buying myself a present.

It will be . . . . the 25th Anniversary edition of the Cosby Show, with all 197 original episodes over 8 seasons.

This is a sacrifice and perfect reward for many reasons. One - I love DVD sets of television shows. It is a guilty pleasure that I indulge in frequently and I can't kick it. I think if I was broke and I had to find despicable ways to earn money it would be to buy DVD sets. Sad but true.

Two - right now, it only costs $89. For people not in the DVD sets know, that's an awesome price. The 2nd season of Psych I bought last month with 16 episodes on it cost me $46. This set works out to only 45 cents an episode. 45 CENTS. You can't even get a stick of gum for less than that. You wanna buy just a single highlighter at the store - 75 cents. And if there is anything that I have a hard time passing up MORE than DVD sets it's a GOOD DEAL on DVD sets and this, this is a GREAT DEAL.

Three - I really like the Cosby show but I haven't seen them all or probably even most of them. I've been catching a few episodes on TV Land lately and I love them. I love Cliff and Claire and the whole big brood because they're hilarious and I'll be able to discover most of the magic for the first time. Awesome!

So, right now as I'm kind of stuck and should be in bed but am striving to meet my word count so that I can finish NaNoWriMo, this is what I'm thinking about. The Cosby Show. And crazy colored sweaters. And candy canes. But they don't have anything to do with the Cosby Show, they just scare me.

No comments: